Walnut Creek Sedation Dentistry - Nitrous Oxide
Dental anxiety is sadly common in patients of all ages. This could be due to a bad personal experience, learned from relatives in childhood, or general anxiety. Whatever the cause, for some, dental anxiety is so severe that it keeps them from receiving the care they need. At Ygnacio Dental & Orthodontics, we are happy to offer sedation dentistry in Walnut Creek. Our dental team uses a number of sedation “sleep” dentistry techniques to help patients feel more relaxed and comfortable during dental treatments.
When To Consider Sedation Dentistry
If any of the following scenarios apply to you, then you might wish to consider sedation dentistry:
- Extreme dental fear or anxiety
- Previously traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty or inability to get numb
- A sensitive gag reflex
- Complex or extensive dental problems
- Restlessness during lengthy dental appointments
- Phobia related to needles or shots
- Negative response to dental office noises, smells or tastes
- TMJ-problems or discomfort when keeping the mouth open for extended periods of time
Our Walnut Creek Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Nitrous Oxide has been the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years. Nitrous oxide is safe, the patient receives 50-70% oxygen with no less than 30% nitrous oxide. The patient is able to breathe on their own and remains in control of all bodily functions. The patient may experience mild amnesia and may fall asleep, not remembering all of what happened during their appointment.
Advantages Of Using Nitrous Oxide:
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Enjoy A New Dental Experience
Sedation dentistry can transform the way that you think about dental work. Our team has been trained to administer safe dosages of sedatives while monitoring your vital signs to protect your safety throughout your visit. If you are interested in receiving dental care in a relaxing and low-stress environment, contact our Walnut Creek sedation dentist today to find out more about your sedation dentistry alternatives.